Despite the sluggish economy, FASA’s recent Franchise Survey, sponsored by Sanlam, shows that the growth in the franchise industry remains positive. Franchisees surveyed are optimistic about the growth of their businesses and 80% of them would not hesitate to recommend the purchase of a same-brand franchise to others. If you are interested in getting into franchising in South Africa, that endorsement from the 40 000 successful franchisees out there should be the incentive for you to attend the FASA/Absa Franchise Seminar to be held in Pretoria on Wednesday 20th September 2017.
The Franchise Association of South Africa, which represents franchising in South Africa, has embarked on a national road show in association with sponsor, Absa, to provide education to anyone who is interested in being their own boss, as well as to provide information on funding and how to decide which franchise is the right one to choose.
The proof of the viability and appeal of franchising lies in what the over 40 000 franchisees who own their own businesses think of their choice of franchising as the way to being their own boss. Research shows that:
- Two in five franchisees have been in business for more than ten years, with an average of 10,3 years.
- Four out of five franchisees (80%) would be extremely/very likely to recommend the purchase of their brand of franchise to others. Only 8% would not be likely to recommend this purchase.
- Most franchisees would highly recommend their franchise brand to others, mainly because it is a trusted, well established brand with a good reputation and because of the helpfulness and support received from their franchisors. They also consider it a good business, yielding high returns, with good quality products and customer service. Among the 8% who would not recommend buying the brand, the main reasons given are the perceived poor relationship with the franchisor and lack of profit.
- The number of franchisees (79%) who are optimistic about the future of their businesses has remained stable, however, more uncertainty and negativity are shown this year than last year.
- Only seven percent indicated that they intended on selling their business within the next 12 months.
What better endorsement can one have to take that step to being your own boss than the success of franchisees that make up the backbone of the sector. Add to that the universal fact that franchise businesses have a high success rate of 90% and only a 10% failure rate, compared to independent businesses where the failure rate is as high as 90%.
If you have always wanted to be in business for yourself and owning one of the many franchises that enjoy huge success – be they in food, in education, in beauty & health or in retail – sign up for the franchise seminar and you could be the proud owner of a franchise.
The lunch time seminar will give you all the background you need to know on franchising, with presentations on:
- Understanding exactly what franchising is all about – giving you an overview on why it is one of the most successful business formats.
- Franchise specialists, Franchize Directions, will take you through how to evaluate a franchise to make sure you get the perfect fit.
- Absa Franchising will take you through the steps to securing favourable financing for your franchise.
- Presentations on franchise opportunities from franchise brands Kauai, 3@1, Sherpa Kids, Wiesenhof/Dulce Cafe and King Pie.
- Questions and networking.
DATE: Wednesday 20th September 2017
VENUE: Stegmanns Incorporated, 379 Lynnwood Road, Menlo Park, Pretoria
TIME: 11h30 to 14h00
COST: Attendance is FREE but booking is essential for catering purposes
Each delegate will receive a copy of the 2017 FASA Franchise Manual valued at R300 free of charge. To book your place at the franchise seminar, contact FASA on 011 615 0359 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.fasa.co.za.