The success of franchising is largely due to the handful of franchisors, who, almost forty years ago, got together to formalise the business format of franchising along international ethical standards and laid the foundation for what is today the Franchise Association of South Africa. Today the franchise sector boasts around 865 business systems, 45 011 franchisees with an estimated turnover of R721 billion equivalent to 15,7% of the total South Africa GDP. Now that’s something to be proud of!
Whilst FASA represents and accredits franchisors as primary members, there over 45 000 franchisees around the country who can also enjoy all the benefits of belonging to the Association – at a fraction of the cost of the standard franchisor membership.
- Franchisee membership fees are R570 plus VAT per annum if your franchise company is a member of the Association
- and R912 plus VAT per annum if your franchisor is not a member of the Association.
Franchisees can enjoy all the benefits as well as receive invites to attend workshops, seminars and networking events. Franchisees who are paying members of the Association have voting rights and can nominate themselves to serve on the Associations’ council and working committees.
All FASA member benefits are extended to you as a Franchisee – these include but are not limited to medical aid for your staff, funeral and saving schemes and also include the following:
Member benefits (2018 values):
- Discount to exhibit at the International Franchise Expo – value of member discount on a 9 square meter stand equates to R7,000. Exhibiting members are promoted on IFE’s social media platforms at no charge.
- Member discount to attend the annual Franchise Convention equates to R1,500.
- Discount to place a full colour full page advert in the annual franchise manual equates to R3,240.
- Members attend seminars and workshops free of charge. Members are offered a free platform to promote and sell franchise opportunities at these events – equates to R1,000.
- Members receive a free full colour quarter page advert in the annual franchise manual which equates to R6,840. In addition, members receive complimentary copies of the franchise manual (additional on request) at no charge. The manuals retail for R300 each.
- Members receive a website banner and listing which equates to R2,060 per month x 12 = R24,720 at no charge.
- Members who submit articles and information to the Editor of the weekly newsflash receive an insert in the newsflash at no charge. The newsflash is sent to just over 50 000 recipients. The insert is published on all of the Association’s social media platforms. This value equates to R12,000 per insert.
- Members who submit articles for publication in the annual franchise manual receive the benefit free of charge which equates to
R16,200 per page. T & C’s apply.
- Golf day discounts equate to R780 depending on the sponsorship/four ball purchased.
- The Association promotes its members at expos by advertising member logos. It also offers speaking opportunities to members at the annual convention and seminars held during the course of the year. Total value in excess of R75,000.
- Members who do not participate in any of the above at worst would benefit from the free manual listing and website listing which equates to R31,560. However, members are constantly promoted through the Association’s social media platforms, newsflash and website.
- Awards finalists and winners – PR value each of just over R1m (NewsClip)
The Association’s AVE PR value achieved from 1 March 2017 to 31 December 2017 was just over R21m (NewsClip).
For more information on becoming a member of FASA call 011 615 0359 or email email@example.com